Sponsored by InnoSpring and Hogan Lovells
Can a small startup company planning to operate in the United States or China effectively protect its inventions from infringement by established U.S. or Chinese competitors? How should a startup company approach patent protection in the United States and China? We’ll answer these and other general questions relating to the protection of intellectual property for you.
Topics covered will include:
- What is an invention?
- Why get patent protection (pros and cons)?
- How do I get a patent?
- How much should I budget for the process?
- What are the differences between the United States and China?
- Which country should I start in?
- What records do I need to keep of the development of my invention?
- How do patent authorities decide whether my invention is entitled to a patent?
- What are the practical realities of patent protection in the United States and China (thinking about trolls and other hobgoblins)?
- Assessing the risk of patent litigation
Join experienced legal practitioners Edward Kwok and Dr. Song Zhu for an informative evening discussion of what every technology startup needs to consider in deciding how best to protect its inventions.
For more information, please click here.
If you have any questions regarding this event, please contact Carrie Ballew at +1 310 785 4730 or firstname.lastname@example.org.