Please join us for the first webinar for foreign schools by the Education Practice at Hogan Lovells. We will provide an update on the U.S. Department of Education's new regulations on foreign schools' participation in federal student financial aid programs, most of which become effective 1 July 2011. We will address questions such as the following:
- Why did the Department issue new rules for foreign institutions?
- What new eligibility requirements must foreign institutions meet?
- What new eligibility requirements apply to foreign medical, veterinary, and nursing schools?
- What types of training programs are eligible for federal student financial aid?
- How has the Department modified requirements for audited financial statements and compliance audits?
- How can public foreign institutions demonstrate financial responsibility?
The speakers will explain how foreign institutions can comply with these new provisions in a timely way.