On 3 June, Hogan Lovells partner Stuart Stein will participate in the Spring 2011 Audit Committee Roundtable, Changes and Challenges Driving the Audit Committee Agenda. A number of timely topics impacting the audit committee’s oversight of financial reporting, compliance, and related risks will be covered, including:
- Top Concerns for Audit Committees in 2011 – key insights from the 2011 Annual Audit Committee Issues Conference.
- The Current Environment – considering the impact of geopolitical developments and other recent events on economic growth and the global business/risk environment.
- IT Risk – oversight of IT risk and emerging technologies, including cloud computing, data privacy/security, and data governance.
- Legal/Regulatory Compliance – an update on Dodd-Frank rulemaking, FCPA enforcement, and SEC activities. What are audit committees doing differently?
- Preparing for New Accounting/Financial Reporting Mandates – from a change-management perspective, considering the impact of SEC, FASB, and other regulatory compliance mandates on accounting and finance organizations.
- Linking Risk, Strategy, and Self-Assessments – ensuring the rigor of board/audit committee self-evaluations in a dynamic risk and governance environment.