A conference presented by the IBA Antitrust Committee and supported by the IBA European Regional Forum. The topics that will be addressed are:
- Competition and regulation in the energy sector
- Merger control: is the referral system working properly?
- Financial markets – is competition the right tool to prevent a new chaos?
- Joaquin Almunia - Vice President of the European Commission, Competition Commissioner, Brussels
- Rachel Brandenburger - Department of Justice, Washington D.C.
- Fernando Jiménez Latorre, Spanish Secretary of State for the Economy, Madrid
Who should attend?
Antitrust and commercial lawyers in private practice, in-house counsel, economists, antitrust enforcement officials and academics.
Hogan Lovells partner Casto González-Paramo will be speaking on the panel titled "Competition and Regulation in the Energy Sector" on Thursday, 4 June between 10:15 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. This panel will analyse whether the energy markets are best suited for ex ante or ex post regulation, from the point of view of the typical distortions identified in these markets, and the benefits of both approaches for the structure of the market and, ultimately, the consumer.