875 Third Avenue
New York, NY 10022
Hogan Lovells will be hosting a breakfast seminar that will discuss significant legal and legislative developments that affect every New York employer. This seminar will ensure that both large and small New York employers are compliant with new and evolving regulations.
The program will also feature Neal Katyal, former Acting Solicitor General of the United States and co-director of our Appellate practice, who will discuss his recent victory before the Supreme Court in US Airways, Inc. v. McCutchen and the impact of that decision for all employers.
The seminar will address:
- The recently enacted New York City Sick Leave legislation;
- Changes to the NY minimum wage law;
- NY legislation prohibiting discrimination based on unemployment status;
- Amendments to the NY Labor Law which expanded permissible wage deductions;
- Important legal developments under the New York City Human Rights Law affecting the legal liability of every NYC employer; and
- Changes to the NY WARN Act.
With the deadline for compliance with the Affordable Care Act (ACA) quickly approaching, our speakers will discuss strategies to comply with the ACA’s complex web of mandates. Also, an update on recent cases involving the status of the National Labor Relations Board will be provided.
8:00 a.m. Breakfast
8:30 a.m. Program begins
10:00 a.m. Program ends
Please click here for the event details.