The lawyers in the Antitrust, Competition and Economic Regulation practice at Hogan Lovells are proud to co-sponsor the Georgetown Law 6th Annual Global Antitrust Enforcement Symposium. Join leading international competition enforcement officials, industry professionals, and academics as they discuss and debate antitrust’s cutting edge issues. Speakers include:
- Joaquin Almunia, Vice-President, Commissioner for Competition, European Commission
- Joseph Wayland, Acting Assistant Attorney General, Antitrust Division, U.S. Department of Justice
- Jon Leibowitz, Chairman, U.S. Federal Trade Commission
- Melanie Aitken, Commissioner of Competition, Canada
- Andreas Mundt, President, Federal Cartel Office, Germany
- Cecilio Madero Villarejo, Deputy Director-General for Antitrust, DG Comp, European Commission
This symposium is a leading forum for lawyers, policymakers, corporate executives, economists, and academics to address current issues in competition law and policy. The faculty will focus on the areas of greatest concern to multinational enterprises:
- what is new in merger enforcement;
- cartel enforcement and policy;
- IP and antitrust;
- the range of permissive and questionable vertical restraints by companies with and without market power;
- perspectives and best practices from leading in-house counsel; and
- “hot topics” on the global enforcement agency agendas.
Hogan Lovells partners Megan Dixon and Catriona Hatton will speak on the cartel and merger panels, respectively.