On May 16, 2013 Hogan Lovells held a webinar targeted to the aircraft industry regarding the President’s Export Control Reform initiative. With the publication of the Final Rules on the Initial Implementation of Export Control Reform on 16 April 2013, including the control list revisions related to aircraft and gas turbine engines, significant changes are coming in 2013 and this webinar is designed to help the aircraft industry get prepared. Key topics included:
- Primary objectives of the export control reform effort
- Summary of list revisions related to aircraft and aircraft components
- Controls applicable to items moved from the ITAR to the EAR
- Definition of “Specially Designed” and application to the aircraft industry
- Implications for current and future licenses and other transition rules
- Impact of the new rules on your compliance program and the steps you should be taking now
This was the first in a series of complimentary webinars offered by Hogan Lovells during 2013 targeted to particular industries affected by export control reform.