EUCI’s 4th Annual Nuclear Export Control Symposium will bring together national and international experts as they discuss the future of nuclear power and the current issues and challenges surrounding nuclear export regulation, compliance, and practice. This year’s symposium will focus on existing and developing nuclear projects worldwide. Participants will have the opportunity to discuss export control requirements with regulatory, legal, and industry experts. Additionally, this year’s symposium will bring together international representatives who will discuss planned commercial nuclear projects. It is essential for organizations wanting to participate in such projects, by providing equipment, supplies, and services to the nuclear market to understand the scope of complying with the intricate system of U.S. nuclear export controls. As nuclear projects continue to develop around the globe, United States companies face intense competition to effectively participate in these lucrative endeavors. Understanding and compliance with these controls involves coordination with multiple government entities of the U.S. government including the Nuclear Regulatory Commission, the Department of Energy, the Department of Commerce, and the Department of State.
- Update on DOE’s proposed rule to revise export control regulations in 10 CFR Part 810
- Structure of the U.S. nuclear export regime and relationships within the structure
- Successful case studies highlighting key parts of the export control process
- Export controls for enrichment and other fuel cycle facilities
- Departmental jurisdictions; products and technologies
- Export rules enforcement
- Re-export of foreign technology imported into the U.S.
- Foreign national employees or foreign visitors
- National security reviews of foreign investment and foreign ownership restrictions
- Available tools to assist export compliance
- IM support to nuclear export control
- Global chain: non-U.S. experts bringing in non-U.S. technology and knowledge
Hogan Lovells partners Ajay Kuntamukkala and Dan Stenger will speak on “U .S. Nuclear Export Controls Analysis and Current Issues.” The presentation will provide a detailed update on the U.S. export control regime for nuclear-related transactions, including activities with the Department of Energy, Nuclear Regulatory Commission, Department of Commerce, and Department of State export/import control requirements, and will discuss current issues and potential impacts of regulatory changes related to nuclear export controls and compliance programs.
For more information, please click on the pdf link for the program brochure.