Please join Neal Katyal, former Acting Solicitor General of the United States and Co-Director of our Appellate practice; Cate Stetson, Co-Director of our Appellate practice; and Chris Handman, partner in our Appellate practice, for breaking analysis of the key decisions that will impact business as the Supreme Court concludes its current term. During the half-hour program, they will address the ramifications of decisions to date on cases such as:
- FCC v. Fox: Will the Federal Communications Commission’s indecency standards for television be deemed in violation of the First Amendment?
- Arizona v. United States: Will Arizona’s controversial anti-immigration provisions be allowed to stand?
- Kiobel v. Royal Dutch Shell: Can corporations be held liable in the United States for human rights violations under the Alien Tort Statute?
- Knox v. Service Employees International Union, Local 1000: Are public sector unions required to provide sufficient notice to all employees about fee increases for political advocacy expenditures? Do non-union members have the right to decline to pay these fees?
- Affordable Care Act: How will the three key cases challenging aspects of President Obama’s healthcare plan be resolved?
The program will also provide essential background on the Supreme Court, including the composition, recent personnel changes, and background on the Justices, and explain the impact of these structures on the decisions.