Hogan Lovells values the privacy of our clients and blog site viewers. Any of the following personal information that may be made available to our lawyers or legal practice when browsing or navigating the site shall be kept confidential:
- First and last name
- Company, home, postal or other physical address
- Other contact information, for example, telephone number, fax number, email address, and other similar information
- Title or position in a company or an organization
- Personal interests
- Any other information needed to provide a service you requested
Examples of scenarios where our visitors provide their personal information include, but may not be limited, to:
- Emailing, calling or communicating with a lawyer or Hogan Lovells.
- Posting a question or comment through the site.
- Requesting literature.
- Registering to attend a seminar or any event.
- Participating in an online survey.
- Requesting inclusion in an email or other mailing list.
- Submitting an entry for a contest or other promotions.
- Logging in to the site, thus requiring a user name and/or a password.
- Any other business-related reason.
Hogan Lovells provides you the opportunity to agree or decline to give your personal information via the Internet. We will inform you of the purpose for the collection and do not intend to transfer your personal information to third parties without your consent, except under the limited conditions described under the discussion entitled “Information Sharing and Disclosure” below. If you choose to provide us with your personal information, we may transfer that information, within Hogan Lovells or to a third party service provider as necessary.
Domain Information Collection
Hogan Lovells may collect domain information to enable us to analyze how our visitors use this site. This data enables us to become more familiar with which people visit our site, how often they visit, and what parts of the site they visit most often. We use this information to improve our Web-based offerings. This information is collected automatically and requires no action on your part.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Your personal information is never shared outside Hogan Lovells without your permission, except under conditions listed below:
- Consenting to share your information to a third party service provider working on our behalf to serve you.
- Requiring us to provide you with a product or service.
Hogan Lovells will also disclose your personal information, if required to do so by law, or in urgent circumstances, to protect personal safety, the public or our sites.
Hogan Lovells strives to protect your personal information; however, we urge you to take every precaution to protect your personal data when you are on the Internet. Change your passwords often and use a combination of letters and numbers.
Protecting the Privacy of Children
Children under 13 years old are not the target audience for our blog. To protect their privacy, Hogan Lovells prohibits the solicitation of personal information from these children.
Links to Third Party Sites
This site may contain links to other sites. Hogan Lovells does not share your personal information with those Web sites and is not responsible for their privacy practices. We encourage you to learn about the privacy policies of those companies.
Hogan Lovells reserves the right to change, modify or update this policy at any time without notice. Any substantial changes in the way we use your personal information will be posted on this site.