We are now Hogan Lovells! We Have Even Deeper Global Capabilities in Privacy and Information Management
We are pleased to announce that Hogan & Hartson LLP and Lovells LLP have combined to form Hogan Lovells, effective May 1, 2010.
Our new firm now has about 2,500 lawyers in more than 40 offices throughout the United States, Europe, Asia, the Middle East, and Latin America. We are excited about the expanded global capabilities that Hogan Lovells can offer our clients, including a broader range of legal services in virtually all major international markets. Though we are a new firm, our fundamental values and our commitment to excellence remain unchanged.
We believe that this is a great combination that will benefit all our clients. In the Privacy and Information Management area especially, the combination gives us even greater breadth and depth.
The compliance challenges and business risks related to personal data are significant and growing. With advances in technology, personal information increasingly is collected, stored, used, and shared. At the same time, the regulation of data use and security is increasing worldwide.
Hogan Lovells has one of the largest and most experienced Privacy and Information Management practices in the world, spanning the United States, the EU, and Asia. The group assists clients with all of their compliance challenges, drafting policies and providing advice.
- We are among the very few law firms that can help you achieve compliance both globally and in regard to specific national laws.
- Our lawyers are conversant with local regulations, the laws affecting cross-border data transfers, and the laws regulating sectors that collect sensitive personal information, such as finance and health.
- We represent clients in adversarial matters concerning the use of data, whether at the level of the EU data protection authorities, or before the U.S. Federal Trade Commission, Department of Health and Human Services, state attorneys general or in private party litigation.
- We play an important role in the development of public policy regarding the future regulation of privacy.
Awards and Rankings
- Recognized for our "deep and thorough understanding of the privacy issues surrounding the healthcare sector," Chambers Global: USA (2010)
- Ranked in the first tier and awarded "plaudits for delivering an 'exceptional standard,'" Legal 500: Europe, Middle East & Africa (2010)
- "Probably the most sophisticated clutch of privacy advisors in the country," Legal 500 US (2009)
- "The Brussels team is lauded for its protection expertise," Chambers Global: Europe-wide (2009)
For more information about the new HoganLovells Privacy and Information practice, visit our web site.
Please join us for our April 2016 Privacy and Cybersecurity Events.