Last Wednesday, President Trump signed an immigration-related Executive Order (EO) titled “Enhancing Public Safety in the Interior of the United States” that, among other...30 January 2017
Upcoming Webinar: Safe Harbor—What Next?
In a complimentary webinar on Wednesday, October 7 at 12:00pm (EDT), Eduardo Ustaran of Hogan Lovells’ London office, Stefan Schuppert of our Munich office, Winston Maxwell of our Paris office, and Bret Cohen of our Washington office will analyze the implications of the final CJEU decision for companies that rely on Safe Harbor to legitimize their cross-border transfers to the United States, including:
- What is the status of data transfers currently being legitimized by Safe Harbor?
- What alternative options are available for Safe Harbor members to lawfully receive data from Europe?
- What steps must Safe Harbor members take to transition to those other options?
- What are Safe Harbor members required to do with EU data already in the U.S.?
- How to respond to enquiries from EU clients and regulators concerned about the lack of a lawful basis for transfers.
Webinar Details: Safe Harbor—What Next?
Date: Wednesday, October 7, 2015
Time: 12:00 pm (EDT) / 17:00 (BST) / 18:00 (CEST)
To RSVP for the Hogan Lovells webinar, Safe Harbor—What Next?, click here.
A stricter regime for profiling07 June 2016
The Regulation aims to strengthen the rights of individuals. It does so by retaining rights that already exist under the Data Protection Directive and introducing the new rights of data...06 June 2016