Last Wednesday, President Trump signed an immigration-related Executive Order (EO) titled “Enhancing Public Safety in the Interior of the United States” that, among other...30 January 2017
Recording and Deck from Webinar: Safe Harbor Invalidated – What Next?
- What is the status of data transfers currently being legitimized by Safe Harbor?
- What alternative options are available for Safe Harbor members to lawfully receive data from Europe?
- What steps must Safe Harbor members take to transition to those other options?
- What are Safe Harbor members required to do with EU data already in the U.S.?
- How should companies respond to enquiries from EU clients and regulators concerned about the lack of a lawful basis for transfers?
To access the a copy of the slide deck, click here.
To access the recorded webinar (1 hr 6 mins), click here.
Stay tuned to the blog for future updates , including any interpretations or next-steps guidance from the European data protection authorities, the U.S. Department of Commerce, or the Federal Trade Commission.
A stricter regime for profiling07 June 2016
The Regulation aims to strengthen the rights of individuals. It does so by retaining rights that already exist under the Data Protection Directive and introducing the new rights of data...06 June 2016