The benefits of using Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) for tasks from catastrophe response to infrastructure inspection to construction site monitoring, and everything in between, are great. ...19 May 2016
Invitation to Complimentary Webinar on SEC Cybersecurity Disclosure Guidance
On October 31st, Hogan Lovells will present a complimentary webinar exploring the impact of the Disclosure Guidance featuring senior lawyers in the Hogan Lovells Capital Markets and Privacy and Information Management practices, as well as a managing director of Stroz Friedberg LLC, a technology firm assisting clients with digital risks.
For more information, and to register, click here.
Since all businesses using the Internet are, to some degree, vulnerable to intrusions, what does the new guidance actually mean for public companies? That question and these will be addressed in the webinar:
- When does the risk of intrusion become material?
- What are the triggers for reporting?
- What assessments are required?
- Does every company suffering a data security breach have to report it to the SEC?
- What has to be reported?
- How can the reporting company make public disclosure of cybersecurity risks in a way that will not make the company a target for attacks?
- What is the best way for a company to wrap its arms around a cyberattack so it can make the appropriate disclosure?
- What steps should a company take to insure its disclosure is a fair, accurate, and timely description of the attack?
Readers of the Hogan Lovells Chronicle of Data Protection are invited to attend.
The health sector is under siege with cybersecurity threats. Some of the largest announced cyber attacks in U.S. history have targeted organizations in the health industry. Regulators have...02 May 2016