One of the highlights at this year’s Consumer Electronics Show (CES) was the parade of new connected vehicle technologies. Automakers and their suppliers rolled out a number of...19 January 2017
International CTIA Wireless 2012
Michele Farquhar, Ari Fitzgerald, Mark Brennan, and Chris Termini all received a first-hand look at cutting-edge wireless technologies, including transformative remote patient monitoring, mobile financial services, and advanced wireless telematics. They also engaged with numerous industry leaders and regulators at the event, including FCC Commissioners and high-level staff, representatives from Congress and NTIA, and others. Some of the key legal issues discussed throughout the week included:
- Recent spectrum legislation and efforts to address make additional spectrum available for commercial use;
- The future evolution of networks, handsets, and applications;
- Wireless consumer protection initiatives;
- Broadband deployment and adoption; and
- Public safety and emergency communications.
Overall, the event provided a number of great insights for the road ahead in wireless technologies.
As reported here, earlier this month the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) issued a decision declining to transfer marijuana out of Schedule I. As marijuana remains a Schedule I...07 September 2016