On 15 November 2016, the European Commission (“the Commission”) opened its second report on Regulation (EC) No 1901/2006 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 12...08 December 2016
Breaking decisions from the Supreme Court: Term in review
Neal Katyal, former Acting Solicitor General of the United States and Appellate practice Co-Director, Cate Stetson, Co-Director of our Appellate practice; and Chris Handman, a seasoned Appellate partner, will coduct a 30-minute webcast on the ramifications of decisions handed down by the high court this term, which may include:
- FCC v. Fox: Will the Federal Communications Commission’s indecency standards for television be deemed in violation of the First Amendment?
- Arizona v. United States: Will Arizona’s controversial anti-immigration provisions be allowed to stand?
- Kiobel v. Royal Dutch Shell: Can corporations be held liable in the United States for human rights violations under the Alien Tort Statute?
- Knox v. Service Employees International Union, Local 1000: Are public sector unions required to provide sufficient notice to all employees about fee increases for political advocacy expenditures? Do non-union members have the right to decline to pay these fees?
- Affordable Care Act: How will the three key cases challenging aspects of President Obama’s healthcare plan be resolved?
The program, which begins at 1 p.m. EDT on June 26, will also provide essential background on the Supreme Court, including the composition, recent personnel changes, and background on the Justices, and explain the impact of these structures on the decisions.
Register online for the free webcast.
On 26 September 2016, a new EU-US collaboration between the European Medicines Agency (EMA) and the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) was announced. This new collaboration is ...06 October 2016
As reported here, earlier this month the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) issued a decision declining to transfer marijuana out of Schedule I. As marijuana remains a Schedule I...07 September 2016