+1 303 454 2436
+1 303 899 7333
Tyler Harvey represents both private and public companies in domestic and international mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, securities law matters, debt financings, and general corporate governance. His practice also includes a concentration in the areas of sports, entertainment, and sports facilities law.
Tyler’s merger and acquisition experience includes the representation of both buyers and sellers, and ranges from the sale and acquisition of technology companies to the acquisition and sale of professional sports franchises. He also has extensive experience in representing both minority and majority participants in joint venture arrangements.
Tyler’s securities law experience includes both the public and private offering of securities, 144A debt offerings, and general securities law compliance. His financing experience includes the representation of borrowers in both secured and unsecured financings.
In addition to Tyler’s general corporate practice, he represents clients in the areas of facility development and operation — including facility use, concession agreements, merchandising agreements, concert promotion agreements, luxury suite agreements, club seat agreements, and team lease agreements — naming and sponsorship rights, team sale and acquisition, team expansion, and league management issues.
- Represent Anschutz Entertainment Group (AEG) and its subsidiaries, which has developed and/or currently operates over 100 venues globally such as STAPLES Center, Prudential Center, Sprint Center, Citizen’s Business Bank Arena, The Rose Garden, WaMu Theatre, American Airlines Arena, Verizon Theatre, The Colosseum at Caesars Palace, Target Center, NOKIA Theatre Times Square, Acer Arena, Mercedes-Benz Arena (Shanghai), Ahoy Arena, Globe Arenas, Qatar National Convention Centre, O2 Hamburg Arena, O2 World Arena (Berlin), and The O2 (London).
- Currently represent Anschutz Company as lead partner in its potential sale of AEG.
- Currently represent the City of Seattle in connection with the potential development of an NBA/NHL arena in SODO.
- Represented the buyer in the acquisition of the NHL’s Tampa Bay Lightning.
- Represented AEG in its joint venture with the NBA for the development of arenas throughout China.
- Represented AEG in its joint venture with its equity partner for the construction and operation of a US$1bn hotel and condominium development at LA LIVE, the entertainment district adjacent to STAPLES Center.
- Represented the buyer of Xanterra Parks & Resorts, the largest national and state park concessionaire in the U.S.
- Represented the buyer of the Oklahoma Publishing Company, which included The Broadmoor Hotel.
- Represent Clean Coal Solutions in connection with on-going Section 45 clean coal tax credit transactions.
- Represented AEG in connection with its acquisition of an interest in HDNet (now AXS TV).
- Represented the buyer of Ambassador Cruise Lines out of bankruptcy.
- Represented the buyer of multiple luxury cruise ships from Seabourn.
- Represent sellers and buyers in transactions involving professional sports franchises including teams in MLS, NHL, NBA, and AHL.
- Represented the seller in a US$200m sale of a U.S. and South African based publicly traded technology company.
- Represented the issuer of €200m in Senior Secured Notes under Rule 144A.