, Northern Virginia
, Northern Virginia
Our technology contract lawyers advise on a wide variety of commercial contracts used in the IT and telecommunications industry, from software licenses to complex multi-jurisdictional outsourcing. Many of our lawyers have an IT-industry background and are experienced in the legal and commercial aspects of technology issues. We are used to facing the legal challenges posed by new technical developments, such as social networking, instant messaging, and cloud computing.
Much of our work concerns agreements for the provision of IT services, such as application development and maintenance, data center operation, or global telecommunications arrangements. We also deal with agreements for the implementation of new technology, consultancy services, collaboration arrangements, and software distribution and escrow. We are familiar with both the private and public sectors, including the strict rules regulating technology procurement in the public sector in the EU and the United States.
We advise on all aspects of technology contracts, often handling negotiations over service levels and service credits, intellectual property ownership, price adjustment mechanisms, warranties and disclaimers, indemnification obligations, and limitations of liability. We have significant experience in cross-border arrangements and have handled transactions involving parties in all major countries.
Awards and Rankings
- Ranked among the leading global Technology and Communications practices, Chambers Global, 2012
- Ranked as a leading firm in the category Technology: Transactions, Legal 500 US, 2011
- Recognized Europe-wide Technology & Communications practice, Chambers Global, 2011
- Top-tier TMT practice in Germany and Italy; also highly ranked in Russia and Spain, Chambers Europe, 2011
- Highly ranked TMT practice in France, Germany, Hong Kong, Italy, the Netherlands, Russia, Spain and the United Kingdom, Legal 500 Europe, Middle East and Africa, 2011
- Highly ranked TMT practice in China/Hong Kong, Chambers Asia, 2012
- Highly ranked TMT practice in Hong Kong and China, Asia-Pacific Legal 500, 2012
A truly international practice ... [which] typically handles cross-border deals.