, Washington D.C.
In a global yet increasingly regulated economy, companies are carrying out a growing number of mergers and acquisitions, cross-border activities, and capital markets transactions. The tax implications of these activities, their effects on transfer pricing, and the prevalence of tax disputes can easily swamp in-house tax departments, placing a valuable premium on external counsel with the strength, depth, and international reach to provide innovative, timely tax solutions.
The Hogan Lovells tax practice comprises over 110 lawyers and accountants located in the United States, Asia, and in eight European jurisdictions. We offer standalone tax planning, consulting services, and transactional tax advice, either within a single jurisdiction or across international borders, working closely with our counterparts in Hogan Lovells other practice areas throughout our international network. We strive to offer business-oriented solutions to your problems.
Our top-tier clients include some of the world's best-known companies in a broad range of industry sectors, such as media, banking, insurance, finance, investment banking, real estate, hospitality, private equity, energy, and air transport. We offer clear and reliable tax advice to public and private companies, governments, charities, educational and healthcare entities, private foundations, and trade associations, as well as to high net worth individuals with complex tax affairs.
"This firm is professional but remains friendly, with supportive, client-oriented staff and a high level of competence" Chambers Europe
"The group is ‘responsive and brings a tremendous amount of knowledge and experience to the table"Legal 500 US
Awards and Rankings
- Winner of 'German Tax Firm of the Year', International Tax Review European Awards, 2012
- Winner of 'Italy Tax Firm of the Year', International Tax Review European Awards, 2010 and 2011
- Shortlisted for 'European Indirect Tax Firm of the Year' and 'European Tax Disputes Tax Firm of the Year' at the International Tax Review European Awards 2012. Also shortlisted for 'Tax Firm of the Year' in France, Italy, Spain, and the United Kingdom
- Tier-one ranking for Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITS), Chambers USA, 2007-2012
- Tier-one ranking for VAT and indirect tax, Legal 500 UK, 2008-2012