+1 202 637 5749
+1 202 637 5910
Partner, Washington, D.C.
Peter Bisio primarily practices in the area of complex commercial litigation, with a particular focus on insurance coverage issues, healthcare litigation, and class action defense. He has litigated cases in state and federal trial and appellate courts involving insurance, antitrust, RICO, ERISA, bankruptcy, and other complex commercial issues. Peter also regularly advises clients on insurance issues and represents insurance company clients at mediations and as monitoring counsel. Peter also serves as co-chair of our legal ethics committee, providing advice on ethics and insurance issues.
Prior to joining our legal practice in 1997, Peter was an associate at a firm in Minneapolis, Minnesota, where his practice also focused on complex commercial litigation matters.
- Lead counsel for a major insurance company in In re Insurance Brokerage Antitrust Litigation, MDL No. 1663 (D.N.J.)
- Lead counsel for a major insurance company in coverage litigation and mediations relating to class actions and derivative lawsuits brought against Adelphia Communications Corporation, El Paso Corporation, HealthSouth Corporation, Nortel Networks Corporation, and TOUSA, Inc.
- Counsel for a major health benefits company in In re Managed Care Litigation, MDL No. 1334 (S.D. Fla.)
- Advised major insurance company regarding coverage issues relating to litigation arising from Bernie Madoff Ponzi scheme
- Represented international investment firm in development and purchase of first insurance instrument to provide coverage of Kyoto-related risk to CDM project investors