Awards and Rankings
Hogan Lovells Placed in The Times Top 50 Employers for Women for Second Consecutive Year
LONDON, 19 April 2012 - Hogan Lovells has been recognised in The Times Top 50 Employers for Women survey 2012, in partnership with Opportunity Now, announced today, 19 April. This is the second consecutive year that the firm has been awarded the accolade.
The Times Top 50 Employers for Women survey is the definitive list of the top employers for women in the UK. Employers are judged by an expert panel from Opportunity Now, a campaign which promotes the business case for gender equality, on their internal action, external commitment and best practice.
Hogan Lovells is one of four law firms to be included in The Times Top 50 Employers for Women 2012. This recognition follows several recent achievements in the corporate diversity arena for Hogan Lovells, which include:
- ranking in the Stonewall Top 100 Employers 2012 Workplace Equality Index, a guide to the UK's top gay-friendly employers, for the second consecutive year as the 5th highest ranked law firm;
- achieving 100 percent on the Human Rights Campaign’s annual Best Places to Work for LGBT Equality 2012;
- being awarded the Best International Firm for Women in Business Law at the Euromoney European Women in Business Law Awards 2011;
- being ranked among the "Top 100 Law Firms for Diversity" and the "Top 100 Law Firms for Women" for the fifth consecutive year in 2011 by MultiCultural Law Magazine
- receiving the Project for Attorney Retention's 2011 Flex Success Award for our strong record of supporting and advancing lawyers with reduced hours and other flexible arrangements;
- being rated as the most attractive employer for lawyers in Germany for the second consecutive year by azur100 - Top Employers for Lawyers, 2011.
Ruth Grant, Co-Chair of Hogan Lovells' Worldwide Diversity Committee, said:
"Ranking in The Times Top 50 Employers for Women for a second year is a great achievement which recognises our commitment to diversity and to progressing gender equality initiatives as part of our strategy to create and maintain an inclusive working environment for our people."
Helen Wells, director of Opportunity Now, commented:
“Any organisation included in the Times Top 50 Employers for Women list has to be commended for its commitment to actively recruiting, retaining and progressing female talent. Businesses are dependent on having a highly motivated and diverse workforce and being included in The Times Top 50 Employers for Women list demonstrates a focus on creating an inclusive and diverse workplace that utilises the skills and talent of a diverse workforce. It is a clear statement that senior leaders see this as a commercial imperative, not a women’s issue.”
Hogan Lovells has a comprehensive strategy to enhance diversity and ensure an inclusive working environment, which means commitment to:
- recruit, nurture, develop and advance the most talented law students, graduates, lawyers and support personnel
- engage all members of Hogan Lovells with its diversity agenda and integrate diversity and inclusiveness into all activities
- ensure workplace policies and processes are inclusive and designed to promote a high-performance culture that values individual contribution, teamwork, innovation and productivity.
About Hogan Lovells
Hogan Lovells" or the "firm" is an international legal practice that includes Hogan Lovells International LLP, Hogan Lovells US LLP and their affiliated businesses.
The word "partner" is used to describe a partner or member of Hogan Lovells International LLP, Hogan Lovells US LLP or any of their affiliated entities or any employee or consultant with equivalent standing. Certain individuals, who are designated as partners, but who are not members of Hogan Lovells International LLP, do not hold qualifications equivalent to members.
For more information about Hogan Lovells, the partners and their qualifications, see www.hoganlovells.com
Where case studies are included, results achieved do not guarantee similar outcomes for other clients. Attorney Advertising.