Hogan Lovells (CIS)
Summit Business Centre
22 Tverskaya Street, 9th Floor
Phone +7 495 933 3000
Fax +7 495 933 3001
Russia is undergoing a vast economic transformation. As a member of the BRIC group of rapidly growing economies, the country's fast-paced commercial, consumer, and financial markets have emerged as compelling investment destinations. At the same time, large Russian companies are expanding internationally in growing numbers.
Hogan Lovells Moscow office led by Oxana Balayan
is consistently ranked by the major international legal directories as one of the leading providers of legal services in the Russian market. Over the past two decades, we have advised Russian and international companies on some of the country's biggest projects, in fields ranging from metals and mining, telecommunications, financial institutions, media and technologies, pharmaceuticals, and energy to automotive and insurance. We can represent you before government authorities and in court proceedings, helping you navigate Russia's regulatory environment and reduce administrative burdens.
Our highly skilled lawyers combine a deep knowledge of Russia's unique business dynamics and a critical understanding of industry-related issues with an exceptional track record in matters involving Russian, U.S., English, and other bodies of laws. We operate a dedicated Russia practice in our London office and maintain English-qualified lawyers in Moscow, providing you with a significant competitive advantage in international transactions and offering a vital international perspective on strategy development in Russia and the wider Commonwealth of Independent States.
Awards and Rankings
- Russia Law Firm of the Year, Euromoney European Women in Business Law Awards 2011
- Finalist in the ‘Russian Legal Adviser of the Year’ category, Financial Times and Mergermarket European M&A Awards 2011
- Recommended law firm in Russia for Corporate/M&A, Banking and Finance, Capital Markets, Dispute Resolution, Employment, Intellectual Property, Real Estate, and TMT, Legal 500 EMEA 2012
- Recommended law firm in Russia for Corporate/M&A, Banking & Finance, Capital Markets, Dispute Resolution, Real Estate, Intellectual Property, TMT, Restructuring & Insolvency, and Private Equity, Chambers Global and Chambers Europe 2012
- First place for ‘M&A activity in Russia’, Mergers.ru 2008
- Winner of the ‘In-House Trademark Management’ category in the WORLDLeaders International IP Awards 2008, for work on the multi-million-dollar acquisition of the Myagkov vodka brand’s IP assets in ten jurisdictions in Europe and the Commonwealth of Independent States
- Winner of the ‘Trademark Excellence’ category in the WORLDleaders International IP Awards 2007, for work in representing the Swedish retailing giant Hennes & Mauritz (H&M) in a dispute against a holder of the H&M trademark in Russia