+44 20 7296 5387
+44 20 7296 2001
Michael is a partner in Hogan Lovells' Investigations, White Collar Crime and Fraud group. As well as international commercial litigation, Michael has particular experience of bribery and corruption, and corporate investigations (including dealing with regulators and law enforcement agencies). Michael is currently advising a number of major corporates and financial institutions on the impact of the Bribery Act 2010 as well as in relation to a number of internal and/or regulatory investigations into alleged corruption.
Michael has written numerous articles on fraud issues and is a regular speaker at conferences, including in relation to the Bribery Act. He has been recognised by Legal 500 as "recommended by clients".
- Acting for BTA Bank (Kazakhstan) in relation to an alleged multi-billion dollar fraud committed by its former management, and currently involving claims before the Commercial Court in London for in excess of $6 billion in value.
- Acting for the Equitable Life Assurance Society in connection with a wide range of enquiries, investigations & disciplinary proceedings by a variety of public and professional bodies.
- Advising a client in connection with an investigation by the UK Serious Fraud Office into suspected overseas corruption.
- Acting for EADS in connection with an internal investigation into senior management responsibility for the delays to the Airbus A380 programme.
- Advising a major international client in connection with a fraud investigation in the Middle East.
Hogan Lovells Publications
"Global Bribery and Corruption Review 2014.", Hogan Lovells
"Global Bribery and Corruption Review 2013.", Hogan Lovells
"Deferred Prosecution Agreements: draft Code of Practice published.", Hogan Lovells
24 January 2013
"Global Bribery and Corruption Review 2012.", Hogan Lovells
"Changes to SFO Bribery Act guidance." Client Notes, Hogan Lovells
31 January 2012
"Hogan Lovells Global Bribery and Corruption Review 2011.", Hogan Lovells
"UK Bribery Act 2010 - Question and Answer Podcasts.", Hogan Lovells
"UK Bribery Act - Are your Anti-Corruption Procedures Adequate?", Hogan Lovells
"UK Bribery Act: Are Your Anti-Corruption Procedures Adequate?", Hogan Lovells
"The Long Arm of the Bribery Law - What the Bribery Act 2010 means for the Real Estate Industry.", Hogan Lovells
"Real Estate Quarterly - Spring 2011." Real Estate Newsletter, Hogan Lovells
"UK Bribery Act: Official Guidance.", Hogan Lovells
14 September 2010
"UK Bribery Act 2010 - Ministry of Justice Consultation on "Adequate Procedures"." Litigation Alert, Hogan Lovells
31 August 2012
"UK Government Considered Deferred Prosecution Agreements: Cause for Celebration Or Cause For Concern?", Bloomberg BNA