Hogan Lovells US LLP
600 Brickell Avenue
Phone +1 305 459 6500
Fax +1 305 459 6550
Hogan Lovells' Miami office provides a strategic platform for complex domestic and cross-border transactions, for addressing regulatory challenges, and for high-stakes litigation and international arbitration matters in Florida and throughout the Americas, the Caribbean, and beyond. Situated in one of the country's most vibrant business centers, our office includes many of the region's leading lawyers in areas such as complex litigation and arbitration, healthcare, corporate, and project finance. Many of our Miami-based lawyers are multicultural and multilingual practitioners who understand the nuances of representing clients in one of the United States' most important venues for arbitral proceedings and Latin American transactions.
Office highlights include:
- representing multinational corporations in complex financing transactions, mergers and acquisitions, project financing, infrastructure development, and private equity
- providing the concentration of talent and excellence of a premier litigation boutique with the breadth and depth of an international law firm
- providing the full range of legal services to leading United States and international renewable-energy companies in projects throughout the United States and Americas
- counseling clients on a broad range of projects, including transportation; liquefied natural gas (LNG) and petrochemical projects; and gas-fired, wind-powered, and hydroelectric projects
- representing clients in various international arbitration proceedings, including litigation in Latin American courts, international litigation in U.S. courts, and brokering settlements of complex, cross-border disputes
- representing healthcare clients on their regulatory, transactional, and litigation needs through a multidisciplinary team of lawyers with leadership experience in the healthcare industry and in senior government positions.
Awards and Rankings:
Representative Client List:
- Ranked in corporate/M&A, healthcare, Latin American investment, projects, litigation, international arbitration, and employment, Chambers USA, 2015
- Ranked in corporate/M&A, international arbitration, and projects, Chambers Latin America, 2016
- Ranked in corporate/M&A, arbitration (international), and projects, Chambers Global, 2015
- Ranked fourth among the 100 most active arbitration practices globally, Global Arbitration Review's GAR30, 2015
- 'Sovereign Bond Deal of the Year' as Issuer's Counsel, Latin Finance, 2014
- Most Effective Lawyer winner in the Pro Bono category, Daily Business Review, 2013
- Hispanic National Bar Foundation’s Visionary Leadership Award, 2013
- Recipient of the National Legal Aid & Defender Association's Beacon of Justice Award, 2013
- Carnival Cruise Lines
- FPL Group, Inc.
- General Electric Capital Corporation
- Iberdrola Renewables
- MasTec, Inc.
- Molina Healthcare, Inc.
- Office Depot, Inc.
- Petróleos Mexicanos (PEMEX)
- The AES Corporation
- The Scripps Research Institute
- Torrey Pines Institute for Molecular Studies
- VITAS Healthcare Corporation
...a solid choice for commercial arbitration, particularly in disputes relating to Mexico and Central America.