We offer the full spectrum of legal services to maritime industry participants. Our multidisciplinary team includes lawyers with strong backgrounds in corporate transactions, finance, energy, competition law, and litigation and arbitration.
We have significant experience in the acquisition and sale of shipping companies, commercial vessels, and yachts, and regularly act in insurance and competition matters affecting the maritime industry. In the finance area, we draw on the knowledge of our capital markets team to develop new strategies for raising capital for shipowners, including charter incomes and fleet securitizations. The firm's work in the shipping sector covers both non-contentious and contentious matters, and we are pioneers in the use of alternative dispute resolution as a way of obtaining fast, cost-effective settlement of commercial disputes.
Awards and Rankings
- Port Finance Law Award, Jane's Transport Finance Awards, 2011
- Top-tier firm in Transportation: Multi-modal nationwide, Chambers USA, 2009
- Top -ranked lawyer in Asset Finance, Chambers USA, 2009
Former Leadership Positions
- Jeff Shane, former Under Secretary for Policy and Assistant Secretary for Policy and International Affairs at the U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT); former Deputy Assistant Secretary of State for Transportation Affairs
- Ken Kastner, former Assistant General Counsel of the Manufacturing Chemists' Association (now the American Chemistry Council)