Hogan Lovells International LLP
Paseo de la Castellana, 51 Planta 6
Phone +34 91 349 82 00
Fax +34 91 349 82 01
Our Madrid office comprises a 75-lawyer team, including 16 partners.
Our team regularly assists Spanish and international companies on cross-border transactions, in seamless coordination with other offices worldwide. We take a business-minded approach to service delivery, having industry teams focused on energy, infrastructure, real estate, media & technology, insurance and life sciences. Our multilingual lawyers and legal staff - capable of handling business in Spanish, English, German, French, Italian and Dutch - understand the value of honest, straightforward counsel, and deliver results-oriented advice in a timely and efficient manner.
Several of our lawyers are highly recommended by the world's leading legal directories such as Chambers, Legal500 and IFLR1000.
Office highlights include:
- Advising a leading Spanish bank on the sale of its real estate portfolio and on the acquisition of its new headquarters in Madrid
- Representing a Latin American government in two ICSID arbitration cases regarding allegedly illicit expropriations
- Advising a European bank on several proceedings related to the marketing of financial products
- Assisting a petrochemical group on its international tax restructuring
- Advising a Spanish machinery company on the restructuring of its financial and commercial debt
- Assisting German industrial group on the acquisition of a Spanish factory
- Advising a major Spanish gas company on the merger control notification to the EU Commission of a number of assets acquisitions
- Advising a US e-commerce leader on the launch of a new e-commerce site for Spain
- Assisting a major Spanish fashion group in various projects regarding compliance with data protection regulations in several European jurisdictions