Litigation and Arbitration
Our Litigation & Arbitration practice has a long track record of achievement in complex, high stakes, international disputes. With more than 700 lawyers based in 40 offices worldwide, we bring exceptional industry knowledge and provide leading edge advice. Because our lawyers are leaders in their local jurisdictions and function across offices as one team, we are positioned to deliver both local insight and global perspective to meet our clients' interests in multi-jurisdictional matters. Our worldwide excellence and commitment to our clients is reflected in the top rankings we earn from leading legal directories and third parties.
We regularly function at the intersection of business and regulation, combining industry knowledge and a proven ability to guide you through courts, tribunals, and governmental bodies worldwide. Our experienced trial and appellate lawyers litigate and win commercial disputes across all industries and geographies. Our arbitration lawyers have in-depth knowledge of the distinct customs, rules, and procedures of tribunals such as the International Chamber of Commerce, the International Centre for the Settlement of Investment Disputes, the United Nations Compensation Commission, and the World Trade Organization. Our investigations, white collar and fraud lawyers bring decades of experience in dealing with a full range of corporate investigations, whether initiated by the government, in response to a whistle-blower complaint, or as a result of allegations of fraudulent activities.
Awards and Rankings
- Board member of the European Institute for Conflict Management e. V., registered association, (EUCON)
- Twelve partners are fellows of the American College of Trial Lawyers
- Three partners are members of the American Board of Trial Advocates
- Board member of the Centre for Effective Dispute Resolution (CEDR)
- Member of the International Chamber of Commerce Committee to Latin America
- Member of the Board of Directors, Miami International Arbitration Society
- Member of the International Chamber of Commerce Task Force on the Revision of the ICC Rules of Arbitration
- Member of the International Chamber of Commerce Commission on E-Disclosure in Arbitration
Administrative and Public Law
- Ranked consistently in the top tiers for Dispute resolution Elite , Banking litigation, Construction (international arbitration), Civil fraud, Financial Services - contentious regulatory, Pensions litigation, Product liability, Professional negligence ; Chambers UK, 2013
- Over two-thirds of our partners are recognized in the legal directories
- Last year, Hogan Lovells represented 62% of the top Fortune 100 companies and 30 companies in the FTSE 100
- Top 10 global firm, Global Arbitration Review "GAR 30", 2013
- Awarded "Law firm of the Year for Dispute Resolution" in Germany, JUVE Awards, 2012
- Insurance and Reinsurance Law Firm of the Year, Who’s Who Legal Awards, 2005-2012
- Ranked as a leading litigation practice in Florida, Maryland, Virginia, and Washington, D.C., Chambers USA, 2003-2012
- FT Innovative Lawyers 2010 Award for "Legal Innovation in Dispute Resolution."
Alternative Dispute Resolution
Bribery, Corruption and Foreign Corrupt Practices Act Investigations
Congressional Oversight and Investigations
Electronic Discovery and Information Risk Management
Financial Services Litigation
Investigations, White Collar and Fraud
IP Litigation, Arbitration and Alternative Dispute Resolution
Life Sciences Enforcement
Media Litigation and Counseling
Projects, Engineering and Construction
Real Estate Litigation
Securities Litigation and Enforcement
Offers strong expertise in dispute resolution matters across the globe, handling high-profile cases in the USA, Asia and Western and Eastern Europe.
Sources say: "The firm has a huge global network, with many outstanding professionals."