+1 202 637 5642
+1 202 637 5910
Partner, Washington, D.C.
Lisa Bonanno's practice is principally in the litigation area with an emphasis in complex commercial matters. She has litigated before a wide variety of state and federal trial courts and administrative agencies as well as represented clients in arbitrations. Lisa's practice includes experience litigating employment contract claims, insurance coverage disputes, civil RICO claims, legal malpractice claims, breach of contract claims, securities fraud litigation, pension fund claims, government contracts bid protests, and other complex commercial disputes.
Prior to joining Hogan & Hartson in 1984, Lisa served as a law clerk for The Honorable Richard L. Williams of the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia.
- Represented a major insurer in resolving more than 40 “employer stock” ERISA claims filed on behalf of participants in employer-sponsored pension plans.
- Represented the pension plan of a Fortune 50 company in ERISA litigation against a major asset manager to recover losses resulting from violations of investment guidelines and achieved a “make-whole” settlement.
- Represented two major participants in a pooled real estate fund as class representatives in ERISA litigation against a major insurer and, in conjunction with other class counsel, obtained a nine-figure settlement on behalf of the class.
- Represented a major insurer resolving more than 50 mutual fund market timing and excessive fee claims.
- Second chair in jury trial awarding largest verdict ever paid in a wrongful discharge case.
- Represented a large international insurance company providing advice on insurance coverage issues and disputes.
- Represented a multinational technology company in a multimillion dollar consumer class action.
- Represented a large technology company in a multimillion dollar breach of contract action brought by a development supplier.
- Represented a premier magazine publisher in breach of contract arbitrations and mediations.
- Represented a Fortune 50 company in healthcare financing and fraudulent conveyance litigation proceedings in multiple state and federal courts involving more than US$2bn in exposure.
- Represented a large manufacturer in numerous asbestos lawsuits.