Life Sciences and Healthcare
Businesses in the life sciences industry face a multitude of complex legal challenges along the entire life of their products and concerning the organization itself.
With a network of more than 350 life sciences lawyers and specialists operating in 17 jurisdictions across the United States, Europe, Asia and the Middle East, we are global leaders in the life sciences legal field – PLC Which Lawyer ranks Hogan Lovells No. 1 in the Life Sciences Industry and Regulatory Super Leagues 2012 with 45 lawyers recommended from 10 different jurisdictions in all major markets.
Across the full product life cycle, from initial clinical trials to off-patent strategy, from business development to defending complex litigation, we provide our clients in the pharmaceutical, biosciences and medical devices industries with an in-depth understanding of the issues affecting their business and the legal solutions they require to compete in a competitive global marketplace.
Our cross-disciplinary approach, the deep bench of talent we have in virtually every discipline, and our knowledge of and contacts with U.S., European, and Asian government agencies enable us to help clients operate or expand globally and achieve their long-term business objectives. Our team can help you navigate the legal and regulatory landscape in the countries in which you do business and advise you on import and export issues and on cross-border transactions. Wherever and whenever you need advice, we are able to support you with dedicated and experienced life sciences lawyers as well as our in-house science unit.
Awards and Rankings
- Ranked number one in PLC's Life Sciences Industry and Regulatory Super Leagues, 2012
- Ranked number one in PLC's Life Sciences Industry Super League, 2011
- Leading firm for life sciences: corporate & commercial, patent litigation, pricing and reimbursement, regulatory, and product liability in Germany, PLC Which Lawyer, 2012
- Leading firm for life sciences: product liability in England, PLC Which Lawyer, 2012
- Leading firm for life sciences: regulatory and regulatory (medical devices) in the US, PLC Which Lawyer, 2012
- Highly recommended life sciences practices in the EU (regulatory), the Russian Federation (corporate & commercial) and the US (government enforcement and investigations, pricing and reimbursement); PLC Which Lawyer, 2012
- Consistently top ranked (first tier) in Germany for pharmaceutical and medical devices law, product liability and IP, JUVE Handbook of German Commercial Law Firms (the leading directory)
- Ranked number one in Brussels in EU Regulatory for food and drugs and pharmaceuticals and biotechnology, Legal 500 EMEA, 2011
- Leading firm for life sciences: IP in the Netherlands, PLC Which Lawyer, 2011
- Ranked first tier for healthcare and life sciences in the US, Legal 500 United States, 2012
- Several individual recommendations in life sciences in Europe, Who's Who Legal: Life Sciences, 2011
- Ranked first tier for healthcare: pharmaceutical/medical products regulatory in the District of Columbia; ranked second tier for healthcare in New York and nationwide, Chambers USA, 2012
- Ranked second tier for health and life sciences in France, Legal 500 EMEA, 2011
- Ranked first tier in life sciences, Chambers Global, 2012
- Ranked second tier for life sciences nationwide, Chambers USA, 2012
- Ranked second tier for life Sciences in China, Chambers Asia-Pacific, 2011
- Ranked second tier for life Sciences in the UK, Chambers UK, 2011
Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology