Life Sciences and Healthcare
Businesses in the life sciences industry face a multitude of complex legal challenges along the entire life of their products and concerning the organization itself.
With a network of more than 350 life sciences lawyers and specialists operating in 17 jurisdictions across the United States, Europe, Asia and the Middle East, we are global leaders in the life sciences legal field – Chambers Global
2014 ranks Hogan Lovells’ life sciences practice in band 1.
Across the full product life cycle, from initial clinical trials to off-patent strategy, from business development to defending complex litigation, we provide our clients in the pharmaceutical, biosciences and medical devices industries with an in-depth understanding of the issues affecting their business and the legal solutions they require to compete in a competitive global marketplace.
Our cross-disciplinary approach, the deep bench of talent we have in virtually every discipline, and our knowledge of and contacts with U.S., European, and Asian government agencies enable us to help clients operate or expand globally and achieve their long-term business objectives. Our team can help you navigate the legal and regulatory landscape in the countries in which you do business and advise you on import and export issues and on cross-border transactions. Wherever and whenever you need advice, we are able to support you with dedicated and experienced life sciences lawyers as well as our in-house science unit.
Awards and Rankings
- Ranked first tier in life sciences, Chambers Global, 2014
- Consistently top ranked (first tier) in Germany for pharmaceutical and medical devices law, product liability and IP, JUVE Handbook of German Commercial Law Firms (the leading directory)
- Ranked first tier for healthcare and life sciences in the US, Legal 500 United States, 2013
- Ranked first tier for Life Sciences, Chambers Europe, 2014
- Ranked first tier for Life Sciences, Chambers UK, 2014
- Ranked second tier for life sciences nationwide, Chambers USA, 2012
- 26 professionals recognized in Who’s Who Legal
- Ranked number one in PLC's Life Sciences Industry and Regulatory Super Leagues, 2011-2012
- Ranked first tier for healthcare: pharmaceutical/medical products regulatory in the District of Columbia; ranked second tier for healthcare in New York and nationwide, Chambers USA, 2014
Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology