, Washington D.C.
Insurance is one of the most complex and highly regulated businesses in the financial world.
Extensive and ever-changing regulation in many jurisdictions has resulted in a significant requirement for sophisticated regulatory advice on contentious and non-contentious matters.
The global financial crisis has presented insurers with further challenges, bringing a considerable increase in regulatory, governance, solvency and capital requirements.
Access to in-depth expertise at both a local and international level is therefore vital. Hogan Lovells has one of the world's leading insurance practices in the world advising on regulation, transactions, dispute resolution, financing and commercial matters in the insurance and reinsurance industry. With more than 220 lawyers worldwide with in-depth knowledge of the insurance industry working throughout our international network in Asia, Europe, the Middle East and USA, we are one of a few insurance practices that can offer a truly global perspective on the market.
During the last decade, we have advised well over 100 insurance and reinsurance groups across the full range of legal issues faced by insurers. Our dedicated sector-focused teams are immersed in the industry, enabling us to keep our clients up to speed with looming legislative and regulatory changes. Our extensive client base also ensures that there are very few issues we have not come across before.
The status of the practice has been recognised by a number of legal directories and is validated by our extensive network of clients. We have also recently enhanced our US insurance practice and we believe that its quality and resources are a match for the leading insurance practices in the US.
Our practice covers the whole market, including life and non-life insurance companies, friendly societies, intermediaries and other market professionals.
As from 1 April 2013, Hogan Lovells International LLP was appointed to the Skilled Person Panel in the following areas: Governance, Conduct of Business and Financial Crime. Please click the FCA
websites to see the Panel in full. Please contact Helen Chapman for more details on +44 (0)207 296 2588 or email@example.com
Awards and Rankings
- Top ranked by Chambers in the UK in 2013
- Top ranked by Legal 500 in the UK in 2012
- Top ranked by Legal 500 EMEA in Spain in 2014
- Top ranked by Chambers Europe in Spain in 2014
- Voted the world's leading insurance and reinsurance law firm for seven consecutive years by Who's Who Legal (2005-2011)
- Leading firm for insurance in Chambers Asia 2011 and 2010
- Ranked 1st in the European Union, the London market and the US in ReActions Legal Survey 2013
- Ranked in tier 1 for insurance by Chambers USA 2011
- Top ranked for corporate insurance in Chambers Europe 2011
- Ranked in tier 1 for insurance in France by Legal 500 EMEA 2011
- Ranked 1st in Legal Week Intelligence's eighth annual Client Satisfaction Report in 2011. Legal Week graded law firms on six primary criteria. We received an average score of 8.4 out of 10 across the criteria and we were the only international firm that achieved two scores of nine or better, with 9.2 for quality of legal advice and 9.0 for service delivery.
- Ranked 1st in the UK in the Intelligent Insurer Legal Survey 2011
- Ranked in tier 2 by Chambers for Insurance: Global-wide
- Named law firm of the year for insurance law in Germany in 2010/11 by JUVE
- Ranked 1st in Reinsurance Magazine's top 10 law firms in the Reinsurance Power List 2010
- Highly recommended firm for Insurance by PLC Which Lawyer? 2010