, Washington, D.C.
Financial institutions are facing a new and rapidly changing landscape as a result of the global financial crisis. Governments and regulators have taken an unprecedented role in developing strategies to improve oversight and regulation. In many cases, changes will be required to the structure and location of regulated businesses. There is also an increasing focus on governance, risk and accountability, executive compensation practices, tax, and capital requirements.
The downturn is also presenting many new opportunities, such as the acquisition of new businesses or reorganization of commercial arrangements such as outsourcings and servicing contracts. For large financial institutions, these transactions are likely to have an international aspect, so in-depth and consistent global advice will be required.
We represent banks, brokers, insurers, asset managers, investment funds, regulators, and other market participants, large and small, on the full range of legal services. This includes corporate, competition, employment, finance, IT, intellectual property, litigation, pensions, real estate and tax.
Hogan Lovells’ 200-lawyer Financial Institutions Group is one of the largest practices of its kind, with a presence in all the world’s financial hubs. Our multi-jurisdictional teams work on corporate, finance, regulatory, commercial, and product issues, combining industry experience with an in-depth knowledge of the regulatory background to provide a perspective on financial services that few competitors can match.
Awards and rankings
- Banking and Finance Team of the year 2012, The Lawyer Awards
- Banking and Finance Team of the year 2012, British Legal Awards
- Tier 1 Consumer Finance, Chambers UK
- Tier 1 Investment Funds, Legal 500 UK
- Tier 2 Outsourcing, Chambers UK
- Tier 2 Banking Litigation, Chambers UK
- Tier 2 Financial Services, Legal 500 UK
- Tier 2 Financial Services, Chambers UK
- Tier 2 Investment Funds: Real Estate: Global-wide, Chambers Global
- Tier 2 Banking and Finance: Islamic Finance: Global-wide, Chambers Global
- Tier 2 Banking and Finance (International Firms): China, Chambers Global
- Tier 3 Investment Funds: Closed- ended listed funds, Chambers UK
- Tier 3 Financial Services Regulation: Banking (Regulatory Enforcement & Investigations), Chambers USA
- Tier 3 Investment Funds: Venture Capital, Chambers USA
- Tier 3 Investment funds: Investment funds: UAE, Chambers Asia Pacific