Financial Institutions Group
, Washington D.C.
Financial institutions are facing a new and rapidly changing landscape as a result of the global financial crisis. Governments and regulators have taken an unprecedented role in developing strategies to improve oversight and regulation. In many cases, changes will be required to the structure and location of regulated businesses. There is also an increasing focus on governance, risk and accountability, executive compensation practices, tax and capital requirements.
The downturn is also presenting many new opportunities, such as the acquisition of new businesses or reorganization of commercial arrangements such as outsourcings and servicing contracts. For large financial institutions, these transactions are likely to have an international aspect, so in-depth and consistent global advice will be required.
We represent banks, brokers, insurers, asset managers, investment funds, regulators, and other market participants, large and small, on the full range of legal and regulatory issues confronting them, from the establishment of investment funds, insurance finance, consumer finance, outsourcing, product distribution, and payment systems to mergers and acquisitions in the financial services sector. Our advisory services also cover developing financial services structures, governance, and commercial arrangements, along with transactional support and the distribution of products.
Hogan Lovells 200-lawyer Financial Institutions Group is one of the largest practices of its kind, with a presence in all the world’s financial hubs. Our multi-jurisdictional teams work on corporate, regulatory, commercial, and product issues, combining industry experience with an in-depth knowledge of the regulatory background to provide a perspective on financial services that few competitors can match.
As from 1 April 2013, Hogan Lovells International LLP was appointed to the Skilled Person Panel in the following areas: Governance, Conduct of Business and Financial Crime. Please click the FCA
websites to see the Panel in full. Please contact Helen Chapman for more details on +44 (0)207 296 2588 or .
Awards and rankings
- World's Leading Firm for Insurance and Reinsurance 2005-2011, Who's Who Legal
- Leading firm for insurance in Poland and Warsaw, Rzeczpospolita
- Tier 1 Consumer Finance, Chambers UK
- Tier 1 Corporate and Regulatory Insurance, Legal 500 UK
- Tier 1 Investment Funds, Legal 500 UK
- Tier 1 Insurance: non-contentious, Chambers UK
- Tier 2 Outsourcing, Chambers UK
- Tier 2 Insurance, Legal 500 EMEA Spain
- Tier 2 Insurance, Legal 500 EMEA France
- Tier 2 Insurance: Transactional Germany, Chambers Europe
- Tier 2 Banking Litigation, London Chambers UK
- Tier 2 Financial Services, Legal 500 UK
- Tier 2 Financial Services, Chambers UK
- Tier 2 Insurance Non-Contentious China/Hong Kong, Chambers Asia Pacific
- Tier 3 Investment Funds: Closed- ended listed funds, Chambers UK
- Tier 3 Financial Services Regulation: Banking (Regulatory Enforcement & Investigations), Chambers USA