19 January 2015
Fourth Most Innovative Law Firm in Asia-Pacific for 2016
6 June 2016
The Financial Times ranked Hogan Lovells fourth overall in the 2016 “Asia-Pacific Innovative Lawyer” report, which is published in conjunction with research partner RSG Consulting. Hogan Lovells is one of only two firms globally to be named in all three FT Innovative Lawyer Top 10 rankings — for Asia-Pacific, North America, and Europe/UK.
The “Asia-Pacific Innovative Lawyer” report showcases firms that “have developed exceptionally innovative practices to meet their clients’ needs in a fast-changing environment.” Hogan Lovells was shortlisted for four awards in three categories:
- “Standout” — Innovation in Finance Law (Internationally headquartered law firms) for structuring and brokering a credit facility for Norilsk Nickel, the Russian mining company, at onshore renminbi rates.
- “Commended” — Innovation in Finance Law (Internationally headquartered law firms) for assisting ENEE, the state-owned electricity company of Honduras, on the first financing done by a Chinese state-owned enterprise, Sinohydro Corporation, in a country without diplomatic ties to China.
- “Commended” — Innovation in use of Technology. Our lawyers and technologists worked together to restructure a major client’s template documents and create a streamlined database to help the management of recurring lease agreements.
- “Commended” — Innovation in the Business of Law (Internationally headquartered firms) for the Business and Social Enterprise program. Young lawyers in Asia received commercial training in workshops and gained hands-on experience advising social enterprises.
- “Commended” — Innovation in the Business of Law (Internationally headquartered firms) for the inaugural ASEAN Horizon summit, which engaged business leaders to discuss emerging industry and market trends, helping to build the firm’s credentials in ASEAN.
FT Asia-Pacific Innovative Lawyers received more than 400 individual submissions from 68 different law firms. Research partner RSG Consulting sought feedback from hundreds of clients, experts, and lawyers to assess and rank the 2016 submissions.