+1 410 659 2767
+1 410 659 2701
+1 202 637 5629
+1 202 637 5910
Partner, Baltimore, Washington, D.C.
David Gibbons is Chair of the firm's Aerospace, Defense and Government Services Industry Sector Team, a multidisciplinary group focused on commercial entities operating in the industry and government clients. David has more than 18 years of experience in transactional matters, including the acquisition and disposition of assets and securities, mergers and other business combinations, pharmaceutical and other technology licensing and development arrangements, and commercial exploitation of intellectual assets. David also represents clients in private equity investments, leveraged recapitalizations, and joint venture arrangements, and provides advice to issuers and underwriters on the registration and distribution of equity and debt securities, reporting and disclosure issues, and general corporate governance matters. In addition to aerospace, defense and government services, David has substantial experience in the life sciences industry.
- Represented Lockheed Martin Corporation for many years on a broad array of transactional matters including, the issuance and sale of $1.5 billion of debt securities; the acquisition of Gyrocam Systems, LLC, Universal System & Technology Inc., Management Systems Designers Incorporated, Pacific Architects and Engineers, Inc., Aspen Systems Corporation, Sippican, Inc., The Sytex Group, and OAO Corporation; and the disposition of Lockheed Martin's ILS International Launch Services, Lockheed Martin Intersputnik, Ltd., and Comsat General businesses.*
- Represented Avanade, Inc., a joint venture between Microsoft Corporation and Accenture plc, in its acquisition of the U.S. CRM business of Ascentium Corporation.
- Represented the owners of Discovery Logic, Inc., a privately-held scientific analytics software provider, in its sale to Thomson Reuters.
- Represented Helsinn Healthcare S.A., a Swiss based pharmaceutical company, and its U.S.-based subsidiary Helsinn Therapeutics (U.S.) Inc., in connection with a development and co-promotion arrangement with Eisai Inc. for the commercialization of combination drug products in the U.S.; the acquisition of Sapphire Therapeutics, Inc., a U.S. based development stage biopharmaceutical company; and an exclusive license, manufacturing, and distribution agreement with an oncology and acute care biopharmaceutical company in the U.S. and Canada.
- Represented Accenture in its acquisition of Maxim Systems, Inc., an employee-owned company providing advanced engineering and technical services to government and commercial customers, and Gestalt, LLC, a leading provider of mission-critical command and control (C2), modeling, simulation and training and energy management solutions.
- Represented ABS Capital Partners in numerous investments and acquisitions of growth stage companies, including Ignite Media Solutions, InVision Holdings, Alarm.com, and Zoom Media.
- Represented Netstar-1 in its purchase of the federal government consulting services subsidiary of a NASDAQ-listed IT service provider* and the subsequent recapitalization of Netstar-1 with a private equity investor.
- Underwriters counsel to a leading regional investment banking firm in connection with the registration and public sale of common stock by a NASDAQ-listed radio frequency identification company* as well as several other public offerings of securities by defense and government services companies.
* Matters handled prior to joining Hogan & Hartson