+1 410 659 2767
+1 410 659 2701
+1 202 637 5629
+1 202 637 5910
Partner, Baltimore, Washington, D.C.
David Gibbons is Chair of the firm's Aerospace, Defense, and Government Services Industry Sector Team, a multidisciplinary group focused on commercial entities operating in the industry and government clients. David is also a member of our Corporate Leadership Team.
David has more than 20 years of experience in transactional matters, including the acquisition and disposition of assets and securities, mergers and other business combinations, pharmaceutical and other technology licensing and development arrangements, and commercial exploitation of intellectual assets. David also represents clients in private equity investments, leveraged recapitalizations, and joint venture arrangements, and provides advice to issuers and underwriters on the registration and distribution of equity and debt securities, reporting and disclosure issues, and general corporate governance matters. In addition to aerospace, defense, and government services, David has substantial experience in the life sciences industry.
David is involved in numerous pro bono and community activities and currently serves as Chairman of the Board of the Baltimore Area Council of the Boy Scouts of America and is on the Board of CollegeBound Baltimore.
- Represented Lockheed Martin Corporation for many years on a broad array of acquisitions, divestitures, securities offerings, joint ventures, and other transactional matters.
- Represented Avanade, Inc., a joint venture between Microsoft Corporation and Accenture plc, in its acquisition of the U.S. CRM business of Ascentium Corporation.
- Represented the owners of Discovery Logic, Inc., a privately-held scientific analytics software provider, in its sale to Thomson Reuters.
- Represented Accenture in connection with numerous transactions including the acquisitions of The Zenta Group, ASM Research, Inc., Maxim Systems, Inc., and Gestalt, LLC.
- Represented ABS Capital Partners in the acquisitions of Alarm.com from Microstrategy Incorporated and ConnectYourCare LLC from Express Scripts, as well as the subsequent $136 million investment by Technology Crossover Ventures in Alarm.com. Also represented ABS Capital Partners in numerous investments in growth stage companies, including, Ignite Media Solutions, InVision Holdings, Florida Tower Partners, Syncapse, Vibrant Media, and Zoom Media.
- Represented Helsinn Healthcare S.A., a Swiss based pharmaceutical company, and its U.S.-based subsidiary Helsinn Therapeutics (U.S.) Inc., in connection with a development and co-promotion arrangement with Eisai Inc. for the commercialization of combination drug products in the U.S.; the acquisition of Sapphire Therapeutics, Inc., a U.S. based development stage biopharmaceutical company; and an exclusive license, manufacturing, and distribution agreement with an oncology and acute care biopharmaceutical company in the U.S. and Canada.
- Represented Bluestone Capital Partners in the acquisition of CIS Secure Computing and other transactional matters.
- Underwriters counsel to a leading regional investment banking firm in connection with the registration and public sale of common stock by a NASDAQ-listed radio frequency identification company as well as several other public offerings of securities by defense and government services companies.