, Washington, D.C.
Salomon, LL.M. (Illinois)
The markets for consumer goods and services are ever more competitive, dynamic and global. Success in the sector means understanding the increasing importance of brands and market profile, the growing sophistication and power of the customer, the importance of a supply chain that combines efficiency and effectiveness with product safety, and the growing role and opportunity for tactical and strategic alliances and combinations between different consumer brands.
Hogan Lovells international consumer goods and services team brings together lawyers from a range of legal disciplines with common interest and experience in the consumer products industry from food and beverages to cosmetics, from computer games and electrical products to consumer finance and marketing services.
Our practice includes lawyers with experience advising companies in a range of individual countries and in major cross border projects on issues such as:
- the development, protection, regulation, and marketing of consumer products, brands, and services
- consumer facing contracts and product and promotional offers
- supply chain, procurement, and logistics
- product liability, product recall, and government enforcement
- investing in, acquiring, and financing consumer businesses
Awards and Rankings
Food, Beverages, and Agriculture
- Ranked number 1 in Consumer Finance, Chambers UK, 2013
- Ranked number 1 in Product Liability: Food, Chambers UK, 2013
- Ranked number 1 in Food and Beverages: nationwide, Chambers USA, 2012
- Ranked number 1 in EU Regulatory: Food and Environment, Legal 500 EMEA, 2013