Despacho de Abogados Miembro de Hogan Lovells
Centro San Ignacio, Torre Copérnico
Av. Blandín, La Castellana
Phone +58 212 266 9772
Fax +58 212 266 9732
Hogan Lovells Caracas office serves a broad base of local and international clientele, providing a strategic and practical platform for conducting business in Venezuela or entering the Latin American marketplace. With more than a decade of experience serving clients in this vibrant market, our multilingual, multicultural lawyers combine extensive local knowledge with the global resources of a top-tier international law firm. The group includes many of Latin America's leading lawyers, who are experienced in handling all aspects of major representations, including due diligence investigations, project development and financing, antitrust proceedings, employment agreements, litigation, and international arbitration matters.
Areas of focus include:
- assisting multinational corporations in the oil, gas, utility, manufacturing, retail, and telecommunications industry with corporate, tax, employment, and antitrust matters
- providing counsel on joint-venture negotiations and international financing, including project financing on major projects related to investments for the construction of industrial plants
- advising energy-industry clients on issues relating to hydrocarbons and gaseous hydrocarbon laws as well as administrative law, tax law, civil and commercial law, commercial arbitration, and foreign investments protection
- representing major corporations in investigations before Procompetencia, the Venezuelan antitrust agency
- representing foreign entities in the acquisition of local Venezuelan businesses and expansion throughout the Latin American region
- providing the full spectrum of legal services in Spanish, English, and French.
Former Leadership Positions:
- American Express
- Cabot Corporation
- The Clorox Company
- Dana Holding Corporation
- Groupe Casino
- Grupo Transbel
- Metanol de Oriente (METOR)
- Petróleos de Venezuela, S.A. (PDVSA)
- Petroquímica de Venezuela (Pequiven)
- UK Textiles (UKTEXCA, C.A.)
- The Western Union Company
Awards and Rankings:
- Executive Vice President for Legal Affairs and General Counsel of CANTV, Venezuea's largest telecommunications company
- General Counsel for Lagoven S.A, an operator company of Petroleos de Venezuela S.A.
- General Legal Counsel for Maraven S.A., Petróleos de Venezuela, S.A., the company that resulted from the nationalization of Shell.
- Former Chair of the Antitrust Section of the International Bar Association.
- Former Chair of the Latin American Forum of the International Bar Association
- Ranked in corporate/M&A, energy and natural resources, and antitrust, Chambers Latin America (2010)
- Ranked in corporate/M&A, energy and natural resources, and antitrust, Chambers Global (2010)